New! Curry and Spice Workshop + Lunch
The exotic smells of curries and spices is loved around the world. The versatility of curries is why it is a beautiful cuisine to learn. Using simple ingredients you can entertain the hungriest of families.
Come and enjoy a 4hr hands on workshop with one of Toowoombas longest serving chefs Stephen Simon as he takes you through many of the techniques and sharing inside tips and tricks to ensure you can wow your family and friends.
Your 4hr workshop includes:
- access to an industry expert for 4 hrs
- gain an understanding to knife skills
- make an Indian curry spice
- make a Thai green curry paste
- learn the secrets of food prep for curries
- learn how to make naan bread
- learn the difference between butter, oil and ghee and when to use
- learn how to make Indian style rice.
- enjoy a lunch full of aromas and taste sensations – Indian chickpea curry, Thai green chicken curry, Naan and rice.
- receive the seventh recipe series of Foodie Shots Recipe cards
We will then all have a chance to sit, chat and enjoy our creations. Use this time to really ask Chef Stephen the ‘how do I’ questions. You will get to take home your spices and pastes to make your own curries for your family and friends.
DATE: Sunday 8th August 2021
LOCATION: Malwai Kitchen Highfields
TICKET PRICE: $197
- these classes are predominantly standing.
- minimum number of foodies is 12
- no refunds for the classes unless cancelled however we can accept transfers to another guest.
$197.00 – $227.00